Saturday, June 11, 2011

The British Museum


So Sunday we decided we needed to walk around the corner and explore the British Museum. It turned out to be a perfect day to be inside because it started pouring about a minute before we walked in. The museum is beautiful, but I definitely had a few favorite pieces/ exhibits. The plates to the left are from ancient Greece (if I remember correctly) but it was hilarious bc Chelsea and I both looked at them and at each other and exclaimed, "totally Tiffanys"! Then we got to my favorite exhibit MUMMIES!! I have been fascinated by mummies since I was
in 4th grade and yes I realize that may sound a little strange. So I was thrilled when i saw this huge mummy exhibit and it was by far one of the best ones I have ever seen.













This is another one of my favorite pieces. It is said to be the first sculpture of lovers ever made. I am not sure why I was drawn to it but the story behind the carving just made me like it even more.

No comments:

Post a Comment