Monday, June 13, 2011

Mommy Dearest and Harrods



The night before our visit to Harrods I got the pleasure of having a wonderful dinner with my favorite person in the world, my mom!!! Unfortunately she was only in London for one night but I'll take what I can get. Walking to have dinner with her Chelsea and I got to walk through the prestigious Mayfair district where we saw cars like Lamborghinis, a few Mazeratis, Aston Martins, a skyline and some brands that were unrecognizable to us!!!



Harrods is one of the most surreal places I have ever stepped foot in. It is a 7 floor high-end department store. But they just don't have your normal services you see in the states. For instance the have a full service cheese and fish monger, a market, 24 restaurants and a whole floor devoted to wine (you know that was my favorite)! The also have an exotic footwear section that features different animal skins including a 27,00 pound (British currency not weight) alligator bag, an evening wear department where they will make a gown for you and a made to measure shoe section which lets you design your own shoe from scratch! To put this store into perspective for my fellow express workers.... it is 1 million square feet the have on average 50,000 people walk through their doors a day and did one billion pounds last year (thats nearly 2 billion dollars) in one store!!! Oh! I almost forgot one of the best parts, a pet store on the 4th floor with anything ur little one could ever imagine including doggy beer and a 2,000 pound bed!


And then we had the classic red telephone booth photoshoot on our way home.... So touristy but it had to be done!

No comments:

Post a Comment